The Writing on the WallTony Benn & Roy Bailey Live at Cambridge 2000
Recorded live at Cambridge Folk Festival in 2000 this CD is a good substitute for those who haven't yet managed to catch their show and a fine reminder for those who have. Benn's contribution is a skip through the history of resistance to oppression and exploitation in England from the Peasants' Revolt of the 14th century up to the present day.... All this is interspersed with and illustrated by, songs from folk-singer Roy Bailey At the end of the first half Bailey had the audience singing the chorus of one of the west's most famous revolutionaries.
Socialist Review March 2005
THIS CD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS A MANUFACTURED CD UNIT. IT IS AVAILABLE ON-LINE FROM DISTRIBUTERS SUCH AS iTUNES AND SPOTIFY.
- 01. Roy: Song of the Exile (chorus only)
- 02. Tony: Intro
- 03. Roy: History Lesson
- 04. Tony: Peasants Revolt
- 05. Roy: Abeizer Coppe
- 06. Roy: The World Turned Upside Down
- 07. Tony: Conscientious Objection
- 08. Roy: Corvette Stingray
- 09. Roy: Ballad of Vic Williams
- 10. Roy: Winter Turns to Spring